Sunday, March 31, 2013

Old Fashioned Remedies For Stomach Pain and Upset

There are many old stomach Remedies that still have value for us today. Stomach pain and upset frequently results when the lining of the stomach has become irritated. Many plants are well known for their ability to soothe the stomach.



In the famous Culpeper's Complete Herbal of 1687, great mention is made of caraway (Carum carvi). It is said that "it is pleasant and comfortable to the stomach and promoteth digestion." In this same vein, Culpeper mentions horse parsley ("it warmeth a cold stomach"), angelica ("good preservatives in time of infection; and at other times to warm and comfort a cold stomach"), and barley ("give great nourishment to persons troubled with fevers, auges and heats in the stomach"). Barley water and barley soup are popular even today.



The new world herb cayenne has a long history as a remedy for stomach troubles, as well as a tonic for the heart. The Aztecs knew cayenne as a cure for intoxication. Later, it was mentioned by no less than Christopher Columbus in the notes of his first voyage. Soon after, it became known throughout Europe as a powerful herb. By the middle of the 19th century, the scholarly journal The Southern Botanic Journal was postulating that cayenne was helpful to the stomach.



Counter-intuitive though it may be, the use of cayenne in Remedies for stomach complaints is well established and many preparations are available today. There is even some modern thought that this pepper is not only beneficial to an active ailment, but are can be used as a preventative.



Moving from peppers to another old stomach remedy, we reach peppermint. This herb is a hybrid between two kinds of mint, which has long been known for its palliative properties. The use of mint predates the Romans, though they first popularized the after dinner mint. This herb has an antispasmodic capability that helps it serve as a remedy to the digestive system. The active ingredients in peppermint are methyl salicylate and menthol. These compounds are able to reduce pain by activating the body's kappa-opioid receptors, as well as having the aforementioned anti-spasmodic effect. Peppermint tea is another well known remedy for soothing an upset stomach.



Looking into the literature of herbal medicine shows that chamomile has also stood the test of time. This herb has been collected for more than 2,000 years and used to treat all sorts of digestive ills. In Europe it is called the "mother of the gut." Preparations with chamomile, such as chamomile tea, remain a popular household remedy for stomach ailments.



The lining of the stomach is rich with nerve endings, which is one reason why our stomachs may become upset so easily. There are two biochemicals in chamomile that directly address this problem. A-bisobol speeds the mending of the torn tissues, as with an ulcer. Another chemical, chamazulene, acts as an anti-inflammatory. Irritated stomach linings swell. The anti-inflammatory agent in this herbal remedy shrinks these tissues, providing the curative action.



These are but a few of the old stomach remedies that are readily available. Before we rush to add new medications to our arsenal, it makes sense to investigate the Natural Remedies that have a long history of being both safe and effective.



Rawleigh products was founded in the late 1800s to create a line of "Good Health Products" that possessed both strength and quality.

Visit http://www.rawleigh-products.com

7 comments:

  1. Hello, everyone! I,m here to explore blogs and forum about wonderful and most safe cure for (Herpes Virus).I was positive to the deadly virus called herpes and i lost hope because i was out casted and rejected even by my closet friends.i searched on-line to know and enquirer about cure for Herpes and i read someone testimony on how he was cured from Herpes so i decided to contact the same herbalist because i know that nature has the power to heal everything.i contacted him to know how he can help me and he told me never to worry that he will heal me with the natural herbs from God!after 2 days of contacting him, he told me that the cure has been ready and he sent it to me via DHL and it got to me after 3 days!i used the med as he instructed me (MORNING and EVENING) and i was cured!its really like a dream but i am so happy!thats the reason i decided to also add more comment of Him so that more can be saved just like me!and if you need his help, you can email him on nativehealthclinic@gmail.com, or whatsapp +2348140073965 I,m neme amber and you can get in touch with me via nemeamber@gmail.com..Contact him for help at Herpes virus HIV/AIDS CANCER COPD BRAIN TUMOR All kind of virus and disease

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is alder from Texas,US. I really want this information to be useful to the whole world, it's how my brother was cured of herpes and cold score with herbal remedy prepared by doctor Chimnedum herbal home, and he also cure other virus too, for further information contact doctor Chimnedum herbal home now on his own email address dr.chimneduherbalhome1616@gmail.com or call/whatsapp him:+2347086675538.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having herpes Disease is not the end of life,there are treatment to cure herpes disease with the help of Dr Godwin herbal medicine. I have been suffering from this deadly disease called herpes disease (HSV) and i lost hope because I was not myself anymore it was not easy working with herpes disease, i searched online to know and enquirer about cure for herpes and i read someone testimony on how he was cured from herpes, I don't believe it's true, but I decided to give a try to know if it will really work out for me so i contacted him to know how he can help me and he told me never to worry that he will help me with the natural herbs from God! after 2 days of contacting him, he told me that the cure has been ready for me and he sent it to me via FedEx and it got to me in 3 days! i used the medicine as he instructed me (MORNING and EVENING) after using the medication for few weeks I started experiencing change inside my body, could you believe as I finish the medication I was totally healed It's really like a dream but i am so happy!that's the reason i decided to also add more comment of Him so that more can be saved just like me! You can contact him via drgodwin52@gmail.com or WhatsApp +2348158184060

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'M TOTALLY FREE FROM HEPATITIS B
      I’m Stephanie Brown, I was diagnosed with Hepatitis B 4 years ago, I lived in pain with the knowledge that i wasn’t going to ever be well again. I have used several antiviral medications include Entacavir, lamivudine but this could not fight the virus off me rather I got side effects of fever, muscle and joint pain. After  spending so much money on antiviral drugs but I never get better. I made research on the internet for herbal medicine. AS I was determined to get my lifestyle back and to be able to do things I am restricted from doing, I saw a lady’s post on how Herbal Dr. JAMES cured her of HIV with his herbal mix medicine. I contacted the same Doctor through his email....greatcureman@gmail.com....we spoke, I told him all that I have been going through, and he told me not to worry that everything will be better again, so he prepared his herbal mix medicine and sent it to me through DHL courier company and told me the usage, after 21 days of completing the herbal medicine, I was totally free from Hepatitis B, I went to see a doctor for a blood test, After taking a sample of my blood for the test the result came out negative, I just can’t deny that I’m the happiest woman on earth this very moment, I’m so happy and thanks to Herbal Doctor JAMES,He also told me he cures  diseases   such as Alzheimer's disease, schizophrenia, Autism. Bipolar disorder,  Shingles, Melasma, Underactive thyroid, Melanoma, Cancer, Weak Erection, Wart Remover, HPV, Herpes, Fibromyalgia, HIV, Hepatitis b,Liver/Kidney Inflammatory, Epilepsy, Fibroid, Diabetes,COPD, Back pain, Nephrotic syndrome,Contact him on his email and get rid of your diseases, he is a good   Email...GREATCUREMAN@GMAIL.COM  / INFO @Drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. A MUST READ THE HERBALIST WHO CURE MY DAUGHTER FROM DIABETES

    Hello everyone,I am sharing this wonderful testimony with a heart full of joy and happiness about how Dr OGODO uses his herbal medicine to cure my daughter from DIABETES.My daughter has been diagnosed with DIABETES over three {3} years. i try  as much as possible to make sure my only daughter is cured yet to no avail. Last year january 2019 I had to fly my only daughter to INDIAN for treatment yet no possible result after spending a lot of money and [5] months over there.furthermore i keep searching for another location to make sure my daughter is cure yet i never give up because you know what it takes for your only daughter to be diagnosed of DIABETES and seeing her unhappy everytime and i never stop crying day and night because she is the only one left for me not when i lost his Dad in car accident.to cut the story short,it was my best friend who recommended this herbalist for me saying that she have seeing a lot of testimony on the internet on how Dr OGODO have been curing virus diseases such as [1]HERPES [2]CANCER [3] PENIS ENLARGEMENT [4] HEPATITIS [5]HSV/STD [6]HIV/AIDS [7]HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE [8] CLONE CLEANSING [9]COPD [10] KIDNEY DISEASE [11] GENITAL WART E.T.C immediately i contact him through email and told him what am passing through after some times he reply me and ask for my information which i did.A week later i received the medicine through DHL and he also call me on whatsapp number telling me how to use it then after using as he instructed i took my daughter for check up behold my doctor confirm to me that she is totally fine no more DIABETES i started sharing tears of joy.please and please contact this herbalist Dr for any health challenges via email [ogodoherbalhomesolution@gmail.com] OR WHATSAPP [+2349044680467}
    https://www.facebook.com/oogoherbalhomesolution/

    ReplyDelete
  6. FINALLY FREE FROM HERPES VIRUSI thought my life had nothing to offer anymore because life became meaningless to me because I had Herpes virus, the symptoms became very severe and bold and made my family run from and abandoned me so they won't get infected. I gave up everything, my hope, dreams,vision and job because the doctor told me there's no cure. I consumed so many drugs but they never cured me but hid the symptoms inside me making it worse. I was doing some research online someday when I came across testimonies of some people of how Dr oduku cured them from Herpes, I never believed at first and thought it was a joke but later decided to contact him on the details provided and when I messaged him we talked and he sent me his herbal medicine and told me to go for a test after two weeks. Within 7 days of medication the symptoms disappeared and when I went for a test Lo and behold I was NEGATIVE by the Doctor Who tested me earlier. Thank you Dr oduku because I forever owe you my life and I'll keep on telling the world about you. If you are going through same situation worry no more and contact Dr oduku via.  (drodukuherbalhealingcentre@gmail.con or WhatsApp him via +2348124765093 he is good too to cure all type of disease and virus.1 HIV cure2 cancer3 diabetes4 hepatitis5 herpes.You can contact if you are having any problem...

    ReplyDelete
  7. “I read these posts and wished to share my experience using natural herbal medicine and a lifestyle change.
    As an ICU nurse with an amazing 38years old career, I know what a medical miracle is. For no reason, I have never liked herbal medicines until I witnessed a confirmed HIV positive patient test result reversed to HIV negative after many tests which all still came back negative. Many professionals gave different suggestions to what has happened and why it was possible or impossible but to me, it's nothing more than a medical miracle. I scrutinized him and found out he has been cured with herbal medicine which a physician have prepared for him. Then I was a GENITAL HERPES sufferer which was the main reason I have remained single and my biggest secret that has made me understand life in the best way I should. Through this abovementioned person who had been cured, I contacted this physician who cured my genital herpes with herbal medicine and has also cured a psoriasis patient with herbal medicine through me, and in all these tribulations and healing phases, which were experienced none of us have ever complained of any after effect.
    The good news is that this same physician is available on:
    drutuherbalcure@gmail.com
    +2349072733661.

    ReplyDelete